You are invited to attend the One Young World Hong Kong Caucus 2019, hosted by the The HKFYG Leadership Institute
31 March - 1 April 2019
One Young World invites you to join the Hong Kong Caucus of 2019, which provides Ambassadors and other socially-engaged, young leaders with the opportunity to connect face-to-face, explore opportunities for collaboration and gain insight into a range of emerging, global issues. Across the two days, 5 OYW Ambassadors, who are global leaders in their respective fields, will host 15 breakout sessions. Co-founder of One Young World, Kate Robertson, will be in attendance.
Each OYW Ambassador has a particular expertise, and will host panels to reflect that based around five core pillars:
- Karan Jerath (USA) - Environmental Protection: Inspired by the devastating Deepwater Horizon oil spill, Karan invented a 'novel subsea wellhead capping device' which provides a temporary safeguard against the impacts of such a subsea oil spill. He has been recognised by Forbes 30 under 30, received the 2015 Intel Foundation Young Scientist Grand Award, and has been appointed as a UN Young Leader.
- Caritta Seppa (Finland) - Economy/Innovation: Caritta is the COO and co-founder of Tespack, an award-winning enterprise which specialises in renewable, mobile energy. She was celebrated by Forbes 30 under 30 and featured in the Top 100 'Women in Wearables' in 2018, amongst many other awards.
- Heidy Quah (Malaysia) - Poverty: Heidy is the founder and director of Refuge for Refugees, a non-profit organisation that seeks to raise awaredness of the status of refugees in Malaysia. She now runs over 30 schools across Kuala Lumpur and Penang, and was recognised by the Queen's Young Leader Award 2017.
- Brighton Kaoma (Zambia) - Equality: As Director at the Agents of Change Foundation, and the CEO of ZeeRide Inc, Brighton supports 200 young radio reported across Zambia broadcasting weekly shows. He was awarded the 2016 WWF Global President's Award, the Queen's Young Leader Award and is a UNICEF Climate Ambassador.
- Nicolle Fagan (USA) - Peace: Nicolle is co-founder of the Palau Legacy Project, an award-winning campaign tasked with protecting the environment of the small-island nation in the Pacific. The project has been highly-praised by Forbes, National Geographic and WEF as a bold step forward in conservationism.
Free (Ambassadors) / HK200 per session (Non-Ambassadors)
The HKFYG Leadership Institute , 302 Jockey Club Road, Fanling, Hong Kong
The HKFYG Building, The Hong Kong Federation of Youth Groups Building, 21 Pak Fuk Road, North Point, Hong Kong
Or read more about the event here