BRAC, the world’s largest NGO, is looking for the next big innovator to join their tribe by applying for BRAC Social Innovation Fellowship 2019.
About the Fellowship
If you question the obvious, challenge traditional approaches of solving social problems, and are willing to commit a year to work on something you’re deeply passionate about- this opportunity is for you.
In order to qualify you have to be
- 18-35 years of age
- Strong record of academic achievement
- Impact of innovation on community
- Professional or personal experience relevant to field of development more broadly, or one of BRAC’s areas of programmatic priority more specifically
- Visibility in the development space, as demonstrated by participation in relevant communities of practice, record of published work, or other documented achievement
- Availability to commit to a year of engagement with BRAC
- Willingness to work in any of the following BRAC country offices (taking any pertinent safety and security issues into consideration): Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Philippines, Liberia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, South Sudan, Uganda
It doesn’t matter if you are a social entrepreneur, or a tech geek, an academician, or a professional passionate to make a difference- you can be from any background or country, but if your core skill offering, combined with your vision to utilise this opportunity, and dedication for impact is what makes you differentwe’re looking for you.
In this one year, you will get hands on exposure to complete design thinking process- from ideation to prototyping. You will get the opportunity to work deeply on a social problem. We recognise and hope that your initial assumptions about the problem and solution will change completely, once you start working on the ground. Through training and support from the relevant BRAC programmes, you will immerse in an intense journey to learn in-depth, redefine our understanding of the problem and re-discover your solution.
The fellowship covers:
- Office space and accommodation
- Monthly Stipend
- 1 round trip ticket (to and from your country of residence)
- In-kind support from BRAC (Field visit, workshop venues etc.)
- Access to BRAC and partner networks globally
To know more, sign up for our webinar on Friday, November 30, 8.00 PM (GMT+6).
Apply here! Application Deadline: 11.59 pm, November 30, 2018 (GMT+6)
For queries, please write to [email protected]
Deadline: 30 November