Calling all change-makers! Do you have talent for sustainability and passion for the UN Sustainable Development Goals? Then you shouldn’t miss the opportunity to be one of the 1,000 UNLEASH talents who will collaborate on solutions to the world’s most pressing problems.
UNLEASH invites the top talent from around the world for a week of innovation in Shenzhen in China, from November 6 - 13, 2019. UNLEASH covers all expenses for travel, accommodation, curriculum and activities and provides you with a new toolset for how to innovate, create impact at scale and collaborate with experts, mentors and facilitators from all over the world.
What will happen at UNLEASH2019?
Kick-off and welcome to Shenzhen: November 6
Talents are introduced to the city of Shenzhen, the Sustainable Development Goals, and each other.
SDG Innovation Lab: November 7 - 11
Talents convene around core SDG themes to co-create and generate tangible solutions to global challenges.
Culmination and UNLEASH Awards Show: November 12 - 13
UNLEASH culminates with massive collaboration activities and final award show. The best solutions will be given awards and some of the most influential people in the world will speak about the importance of the 2030 Agenda.
Who should apply?
UNLEASH accepts top talents typically aged 20 - 35. Successful applicants will excel across 5 general criteria
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to solving one of the world’s pressing challenges.
- Possession of a creative and innovative mindset.
- Willingness to engage in co-creation with peers and experts.
- High proficiency in English with the ability to engage in complex discussions.
- Bonus: working in the field in a global context
Furthermore, talents should match at least one of four talent profiles.
- Entrepreneur: Recently launched/or considered launching start-ups, organizations or campaigns at a very early stage (both non- and for-profit).
- Intrapreneur: Improved or changed entities, e.g. through R&D, business development or organizational changes.
- Academic: Top class academic with in-depth content knowledge, e.g. via courses, research projects or a PhD.
- Technical expert: Possess skills, tools and know-how (e.g. with engineering, design or finance) enabling development of physical or software-based solutions.
What does this cost?
UNLEASH will cover the costs of flights, visa, local transport, accommodation, food, curriculum, facilitation, and program activities for the entire event. UNLEASH charges USD 150 as a participation fee.
How to apply
If you are interested in receiving One Young World's nomination to participate in UNLEASH2019, please apply below. UNLEASH will only accept applications from individuals, not teams.
Nominated Ambassadors will then go through a fast-tracked application process conducted by UNLEASH. Please note that nominations do not guarantee a spot and selection will be based on evaluation of qualifications.